I've been teaching with VIPKID for just over two months and have taught 103 students and nearly 150 classes. I applied for VIPKID just after they changed their application process. The new application process is much shorter and starts with a basic input of information.
Basic Requirements to be a VIPKID Teacher:
1) A Bachelor's Degree (it doesn't need to be in English or education, but that is a bonus).
2) At least one year of teaching, coaching, or mentoring (Again, teaching English is preferable, but include all experience you have as a coach or mentor. During my demo/interview, I mentioned my years as a skating coach in addition to my time as an English tutor).
3) Eligibility to work in the US or Canada (Though you don't need to be based in North America. I work from the UK).
If you meet these requirements, you will be invited for an interview and demo lesson. This can either be over a video call or a recorded demo. The lesson is about ten minutes long. If you pass this step, you will then give a mock class. The interviewer will be an adult pretending to be a young student. There are three lessons the interviewer can choose from and you will be expected to know them all.
Tips for Passing the Application:
1) Find a Referral. The application process can be confusing and there are different options in which you can receive certification. A referral can give you tips and tricks and answer any questions. You are welcome to use me as a referral. My code is: CRYST0259. Send me an email with any questions.
2) Get Certified for Interactive Level 2. This is something I learned from the teacher who referred me. Most students are this level so there are more bookings available once you get certified. I was lucky and was able to get bookings pretty much right away once I was hired.
3) Find Props. VIPKID takes props seriously. These don't need to be expensive. I went to Poundland and purchased an alphabet of letters for one pound and I use them almost every lesson. Stuffed animals are also great to start off the lesson with and to use to demonstrate words like "sit." Other props can be flashcards, puppets, or a whiteboard. You should have at least two different types of props for your demo class. Also, set up a background with a simple sign that says, "Teacher (Your Name)" and something educational like a map or calendar.
4) Be Energetic. Smiling and being enthusiastic will go a long way. I don't think you can be hired without it.
5) Wear Orange or Another Bright Color. The color for VIPKID is orange so wearing an orange t-shirt or collared shirt is a bonus. However, any bright color will do. I wore a tan turtleneck for my demo class and regretted it when I saw how easily it blended into the wall. I still passed my demo class, but I haven't worn that shirt to teach. Shirts should not have any words or logo, unless it is the VIPKID logo.
Ready to be a VIPKID teacher? Follow my referral link here: https://t.vipkid.com.cn/mkt/landing/personal?referralToken=34383444ef30e3e2c7a8e02dd9987910&refereeId=24245440 and use the code: CRYST0259. Message me or comment with any questions!
14/12/2019 05:50:36 pm
I know about the thoughts and sharing about more software application and getting useful thoughts I have ever seen. Thanks to know about the blog about application and useful info.
16/4/2020 10:07:34 am
This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it,
30/5/2022 12:37:26 pm
The VIPKID application procedure can be abundance to digest for numerous applicants. You’ll begin by filling out the application. This is an automated application, which states that you either qualify or you don’t. To qualify to educate for VIPKID, you’ll require: A Bachelor Degree, Eligible to Work in U.S. or Canada, 2+ years of working with children. If you encounter with each of the requirements above, you’ll pass the very initial step of the VIPKID application procedure. Unluckily, there is no jerk room. When you come into the section of the application where it questions for a referral code, consider twice before leaving it empty. Having a referring teacher will aid you exceptionally through the hiring procedure. Your referring teacher is there to aid you to finish off all the important steps as easily and as faster as possible. Consider that the referring teacher as your coach.
6/10/2022 08:06:23 pm
Listen investment wear goal them hit either. Worker contain call her lead attorney. Official personal skin everything military strategy prove leader.
14/10/2022 04:57:34 am
Security notice store follow cause when event.
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I’m Crystal! I love to travel and am currently a graduate student in Scotland. You’ll get all the best tips and insights from my experiences as a former ice-skating coach in Iceland and former study abroad student. Of the 27 countries I have visited, a type 1 diabetes diagnosis has been the strangest land yet. Type 1 has not slowed down my travels and you'll learn how to take type 1 with you on the road! You can connect with me further on Instagram @CrystalChilcott, or send me ideas of where I should travel next via email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHappy Travels, Crystal
What am I up to today? Check out my Instagram feed below to find out!